A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) the cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.15 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 6% (about a 15% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate
(stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) Almost 2% of American homes are in foreclosure.
America voted for change in 2006, and we got it! Keep up the good work…
Thanks to Joel!